Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions - Revisited

I know, I know...   here it is February and I am posting about New Year's resolutions.  Usually people only talk about them during the first few days of the new year - if they even remember them on Jan. 2nd...

I said in an earlier post, dated Dec. 30th, that I quit making resolutions...  but then I challenged those who might read this blog to make a resolution about reading through the Bible.  Well, I guess I still do make them, because once again, I have taken up the challenge that I gave out.  I am reading through the Bible this year using the "schedule" that I explained in the post from Dec. 30th...   although, I have to be honest here and admit that I am a few days behind, so I will need to read a few extra chapters for a few days in order to catch up to where I should be...  but I have gotten through the 4 gospels already.

I will from time to time post some thoughts that my reading might generate, and of course I welcome all comments, questions, etc that you might have.  And if you do not happen to think of yourself as a Christian, or as someone who is "religious", but find that you want to comment or ask questions, please feel free to do so!!  This blog is an "equal opportunity blog", so all readers are welcome to comment...  [remember the "rules of engagement" please and be civil to others in your comments].

Anyway, so much for my New Year's resolutions...   did anyone else make any?...   and are you still keeping them? 

No comments: